Welcome to the community page, this is the place to talk all things sustainable and to help build a better community. It takes 2 minutes to sign up, please introduce yourself in the ‘Introduce yourself here’ forum when you do & welcome to the world sustainable living. 

This forum is monitored and any content not appropriate to foodscaping & sustainable living will be removed. 

*Admins required, please message for more info

Notifications
Clear all

Possible fungus or virus on plants, need help!

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Chef George
Topic starter
(@chef-george)

I just redid my garden, and three months into the season, I'm starting to see yellow spots on my leaves. First, it was the cucumbers, and now it has moved over to my zucchini and cantaloupes. 

Can someone give me advice on how to combat this. Or is my garden shot for the season?

3 Replies
Fred
 Fred
Admin
(@admin)

Hi Chef George,

I've not had this myself before but I know nutrients can cause yellowing, have you checked into nutirent deficiencies? It sounds like your soil may be low on something? 

Chef George
Topic starter
(@chef-george)

I came to find out that my PH was a little too high. Also had powdery mildew, which a simple fungicide took care of.

1 Reply
Fred
 Fred
Admin
(@admin)

@chef-george Ah interesting how much PH plays a role in plants, i've found culinary grade citric acid is great for PH down, cheap too

Share: