Welcome to the community page, this is the place to talk all things sustainable and to help build a better community. It takes 2 minutes to sign up, please introduce yourself in the ‘Introduce yourself here’ forum when you do & welcome to the world sustainable living. 

This forum is monitored and any content not appropriate to foodscaping & sustainable living will be removed. 

*Admins required, please message for more info

Notifications
Clear all

Suburban chickens

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Fred
 Fred
Admin
Topic starter
(@admin)

Anyone else keep some chickens in suburbia? I've got x2 rescue chickens who have free reign over my backyard, x1 egg a day from both of them 😎 

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Chef George
(@chef-george)

Fred, I'm looking into having some chickens. I took an online course from our local cooperative. Our county makes you take this course before they let you raise and keep chickens in the area—good class on the chickens' health and well-being.

George

1 Reply
Fred
 Fred
Admin
(@admin)

@chef-george Chickens are great pets, and can be very useful in the garden too! We dont have to take a course in the UK but I have had our chickens for a couple of years now, I live in the suburbs. What chickens are you getting, mine were rescues destined to be chicken soup!

Chef George
(@chef-george)

I am looking at great Rhode Island Reds. 

1 Reply
Fred
 Fred
Admin
(@admin)

@chef-george I've just checked them out & they look very siilar to mine 🤔 They are great to watch & they take no bother from my dog 😆 hard as nails

Share: