The one egg pancake!
Here’s a pancake recipe for using one egg! This recipe came about after having excess eggs from my backyard chickens. When looking for a decent pancake recipe I could not find one for just one egg! Most recipes that I found used a few so I decided to make this recipe for one egg.
This recipe makes enough pancake batter for one large pancake or a small batch of pancakes, and delicious ones at that! The pancake mixture is slightly thicker and so are the pancakes, in between American pancakes and traditional ones, enjoy.
- 1 Egg (small/medium/large)
- 64g cup of white plain flour
- 60mil of milk
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, sieve in flour, add milk and whisk.
- Your mix should be fluffy, if its thin add some more flour or milk to thin it
- Heat large frying pan using some oil of your choice (We use sunflower oil)
- Once the oil is hot pour in your whole mix
- Roll the pan to spread your pancake batter evenly across the pan
- *optional - Sprinkle some sugar onto the pancake
- Cook on each side until golden brown (This mix can be a bit to heavy to flip, use a spatula)
- Cover with a topping of your choice (Lyle's Golden syrup, Double cream and Blueberries is he Backyard Farm choice)