Can I remove weeds without chemicals?Yes you can! Not only is it more ecologically friendly for your foodscaped garden, it’s cheap and easy too! We will run through how to kill the weeds in your garden by using only hot water, salt, vinegar and a short amount of time. This method will also kill any grass or other plants surrounding it & is best used for weeds coming up through your patio or driveway.
What do I need to remove weeds naturally?You don’t need much at all! To make the natural weed killing mixture, you will need the following:
- Ladle or a jug with a spout
How to make natural weed killer
- Fill a large pan with boiling water from the kettle or heat cold water up on the stove
- Once the water has boiled, add a generous amount of salt to the hot water and stir it until dissolved
- Remove the pan from the hob, be careful on the next step
- Add a generous amount of vinegar to the hot water. When adding the vinegar, keep your head away from the pan and avoid breathing in the steam, it will make you cough – lots!
- Carefully transport the mixture to the weeds whilst it’s still as hot as possible, ladle the water over the weeds you wish to kill
- Over the next few days you will see them die back, once they have shriveled completely you can pull them out with ease.